- Irrigation in the Pacific Northwest – Required Water Pump Horsepower: A useful tool for estimating reduction in demand charges from motor and pump upgrades. Reductions in system pressures can also be examined.
- USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service – Energy Estimator Irrigation: A useful first step for those who do not have good records of energy and water use.
- USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service – Energy Self-Assessment: A basic economic examination of improvements to your system.
- University of Nebraska: Estimating the Savings from Improving Pumping Plant Performance: A brief overview of the Nebraska Pumping Plant Performance Criteria, including sample calculations.
- extension.org – Introduction to Energy Efficient irrigation: A basic compellation of resources and guidance.